At City Petcare Hospital surgery is a daily occurrence. These procedures range from simple spay and neuters, to complex abdominal surgeries. We only use the safest anesthetic protocols and the most current techniques to make sure that your pet’s surgery is a success.
Surgeries performed in clinic:
- Spay and Neuters
- Cesarean section
- Lumpectomy- mass removal with or without *Histopathology.
- Stomach/Intestinal- foreign object removal and biopsies.
- Hernia repairs- umbilical, perineal or inguinal
- Bladder/Urethral surgery-stone removal
- Aural hematoma repair
- Eyes- “cherry-eye” repair, entropion correction, enucleation and keratectomy
- Fracture repairs- on all types of fractures, using plates, screws, pins, external fixators or splints
- Cruciate Ligament Repairs (ACL) (This surgery is performed with two doctors, a specialist as well as Dr. Bassi to ensure the best outcome possible)Extracapsular or Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA)
- Luxating Patella Surgery (This surgery is performed with two doctors, a specialist as well as Dr. Bassi to ensure the best outcome possible)
- Nasal fold resection
- GDV-gastric dilatation
- Wound repair
- Abscess repair and flushing
- Anal sac repair, flushing and removal
- Ear cropping
- Dew claw removal
- Last resort de-clawing (must be life related or limb case)
*Histopathology is the examination of a sample of tissue or cells done by a pathologist under a microscope.